Today's guest bloggers were going to be my legs, however after spending 6 hours walking around LA (noting how unfit I am) my legs have sulked off to the corner, just glaring at me. The only words they seem to be capable of aren't repeatable so I've cancelled their appearance.
Our hotel is about a 20 minute easy walk to the Grove LA and the Farmer's Market. The Grove has a Cheesecake Factory. The strawberry lemonade at the Cheesecake Factory is very possibly my very favourite thing in the world. So us heading to the Grove at some point on this visit was a foregone conclusion. We got to the Grove (fancy shopping mall - often featured on TMZ!) about 11:15, thought it was a little early for lunch and so had the very difficult task of hovering in the giant Barnes and Noble bookstore next door.
Oh Barnes and Noble. I love you, I could spend forever in you.
After half an hour, we went next door, we were very quickly seated on the balcony (weather is gorgeous here). If you've seen the photos on my Facebook, please note our mains (meatloaf and shepherd's pie) were the SMALLER lunch size. The portions are insane. Also insane was the Oreo Exreme Dream Cheesecake I attempted for dessert. It beat me, but be assured I put up a big fight. It was heaven in a spoonful.
After browsing around more and a visit to the Farmer's Market we decide to walk another 15 minutes to the La Brea Tar Pits and LACMA (LA something something Art). Some excellent photo opportunities to be had. There's something amazing about palaeontology work happening in the middle of LA.
We slowly strolled back to the hotel after that, slowly because my legs had begun their campaign of hatred against me.
Tonight we've just grabbed a pizza and brought it back to the hotel, as I hadn't watched HGTV in about 8 hours and I was missing watching people browse property on shoestring budgets with huge wish lists.
Really, today was all sugar. And frankly, I'm okay with that.
No comments:
Post a Comment