Movie hell has frozen over. Not only have I actually seen both movies that won the Best Movie categories at Golden Globes, I thought one was okay (Les Mis) and the other one was actually my favourite movie for the year - Argo. If you haven't seen that film, do yourself a serious favour. It's amazing, and yes Ben Affleck is super attractive in it, as an added extra.
I will actually see other nominees Lincoln and Silver Linings Playbook too, when they are eventually released in Australia. Lincoln because of my American history nerdism and Silver Linings Playbook because over the last month I've decided I have a massive crush on Bradley Cooper. I'm a bit behind the times there, I realise.
What else is new? My hair isn't the really blonde it was, it's now a golden brown. It was supposed to be a dark, mousy blonde like Lauren Conrad, and I was rather distraught for a few days but now I've calmed, and am accepting it. However, I've broken up with my hairdresser (secretly, like a girlfriend who moved all of her stuff out while her boyfriend was at work) because I've realised this is the third time out of three times where she's changed what I asked for with my hair because she decided she liked it better her way, this has led to my hair being cut way shorter than I'd like, it being a colour I'm unhappy with and some weird side fringe thing. I miss my old hairdresser so much, I always felt she understood me and my hair. Trying to find her replacement has been a long and unsatisfying experience.
The last week has been reasonably uneventful apart from that. I went to my first One Day International at Adelaide Oval for years, and gee, that is a much more pleasant day when the weather is cold, oh and when Australia lose. Yes, I don't support Australia in the cricket, I support New Zealand, but I'm not discussing how well that's working out because I prefer not to use swear words. Between NZ and the Packers, it was a reasonably lousy weekend for sport. Thank goodness for Manchester United.
Apart from that, all is as really same old, same old. I miss Christmas. I miss knowing that Christmas lights won't be seen again for months, that I'm skipping the Christmas carols that come on my Ipod etc. It's such a joyous time for me, I'm always flat when it's over. I'm wishing the year away a bit I've realised, I'm so looking forward to our holiday, and oddly I'm looking forward to winter. Yes, me, looking forward to winter. When I explain it's because I've bought a bunch of super cute jumpers and the world's best puffer jacket, it makes more sense, doesn't it? It amazes me that I've become a shopper. I used to hate it so much.
It's bed time for me, so goodnight!
Hi,I was blog hopping and stumbled upon your wonderful blog...Good blog, keep on blogging...
ReplyDeleteBest of luck
Rajiv
My blogs www.magicalpresent.blogspot.com
www.magnificentdewdrops.blogspot.com