Taken From http://icanhas.cheezburger.com
A work friend and I have a running gag about zen cats, a surprisingly often mentioned thing on the interwebs and in books. When we're stressed we'll talk about being zen cat and that's a sign to take a deep breath and try to relax or better, laugh about it.
I've realised that I have to put zen cat in full motion this year. I spent way too much time feeling stressed, anxious and miserable last year. "Stress Less" is my mantra for this year, I've even stuck that phrase to my computer as a memory jogger. Sure it's only five days in but I've already had a few challenges and I have been able to consciously choose to emotionally switch off from a lot of concerns.
An advantage of my head being a bit clearer from the small little dramas I focus on, I'm also finally getting some clarity about other, much more significant life plans, such as slowly preparing to look at a new house, and what we need to/want to do before we "settle down". Hence a big new trip for 2014 has been tentatively scheduled, because I need to see Route 66 before we cut down on the travelling, which is exciting.
Clarity is not something I'm used to, but I'm hoping it becomes very common place.

No comments:
Post a Comment