Wednesday, May 7, 2014

A Quiet Day In The Chaos

I'm standing at the window of my hotel room, watching 7th Avenue all the way as it interested with Broadway and forms Times Square. The lights of the billboards and signs (and traffic) shining brightly, and thinking how very, very lucky I am in life. It's a mix between feeling very humbled and feeling completely joyous.

As I've mentioned before New York City seems to own a large part of my soul, and makes me emotional!

Today we had no plans, and in New York City where every corner leads you to a new sight or adventure, that can be a little overwhelming, as we really didn't know what to choose to do.

Our first move was a mistake. We went to the reasonably famous Carnegie Deli across the road from our hotel, for their huge sandwiches. The sandwiches were very, very expensive and while very well filled, the meat itself tasted horrible and was really fatty. So blergh. Don't go there.

Amazingly, sitting at the table next to us was a group who had been on our pizza tour yesterday. In a city as huge as this, the odds of that seemed so unlikely.

After feeling a bit down over lunch, we walked to somewhere we know we loved - the beautiful Bryant Park - home of the New York Public Library. (We didn't go in, as we've done it before,  but if you ever go, you have to go in - it's amazing.) The weather was perfect and we spent a few minutes just sitting there soaking it up. I also lamented the NFL store that had been there last time was gone.

After I spent time ogling my beloved Chrysler Building, we walked around the park and headed off to get Empire State Buildings photos too. Then in order to satisfy my cupcake craving (it's New York, it's compulsory!) we walked to Macy's to use their wifi so I could find a nearby Crumbs. This walk happened to go past a Sephora, and I do have to give credit to my very patient husband, who followed me around the perfume rollerball aisle without complaint.

Cupcake coordinates acquired, I was standing at a counter wondering if all of them was an acceptable answer when I was asked for my order. I settled on a cookie dough cupcake, because well...cookie dough. It was delicious.

Unfortunately, I've managed to really hurt my arm, nothing bad, but it feels deeply bruised or strained and it started aching so next trip was to a pharmacy for the American version of deep heat and then back to the hotel to apply.

After realising the restaurant we were going to go to dinner at was closed, we ended up deciding to follow the theme of the day and just walk until something took our fancy. Obviously we were easy to please as we got one block before choosing somewhere.

As it's Agents of Shield night, I had to get back! So it's a quiet night tonight as we have a busy day tomorrow.

Till next blog, take care!

No comments:

Post a Comment