Wednesday, February 15, 2012

If I was to be a Reality TV Star...

Hello Blog Followers...

It's been a busy few weeks as I've moved into the new job and started settling in. (It's taking me a while). I'm also juggling an illness which is slowing me down. Accordingly, I still haven't done that movie list yet (Shock! :p) I'm planning on thinking about it more on the weekend. I know the Top 10.

I'm watching My Kitchen Rules in the background, a show that's less about food and more about karmic justice, which appeals to me immensely. I'm currently chuckling away as a couple who have spent the week unnecessarily sledging other people's dishes and constantly mentioning they'd do things so much better, have taken 3 hours to serve their main course. Ha. It's great tv, with delicious looking food in the background, how could it go wrong?

Which has led me onto today's blog topic - reality tv, and what shows I'd actually love to star on. Note: For me reality tv are the competition shows, where there's challenges and winners, none of this "fly on the wall" Kardashian stuff. (Oh except for Girls of the Playboy Mansion - the Holly, Bridget and Kendra years. I love those girls and their crazy hijinks.)

1) If I had any talent in this area, the number one show would be Project Runway. Goodness how I love this show, and how much would I love to design clothes. I love Heidi, I love Michael Kors' little squeaky voice while he rambles on and Nina Garcia's ability to jump between looking bored and horrified in one swift face movement. Of course my inability to design and sew are secondary concerns, the real reason I couldn't be on Project Runway is that my constant fangirling would lead to Tim Gunn putting a restraining order on me. God I love Tim Gunn. He comes across as so effortlessly awesome.


*courtesy of Wikipedia*

2) The Amazing Race. How awesome would the Amazing Race be? Seeing so much of the world, experiencing all those little culturally specific challenges and interacting with locals etc. It would be incredible. Unfortunately,unless I got the fantastic challenge that the teams got in Patagonia where they had to eat chocolates until they found one with a flag or something (I'd have kept eating even after finding the flag...) as soon as a food challenge came along, I'd be gone. I have very limited food taste or knowledge so would be terribly precious about eating "icky" food. Oh and of course any of the challenges that involved physical strength or agility or speed etc. I'd probably be reasonably decent at the puzzles, if the stress of the need to finish first wasn't an issue.

3) Survivor - oh I'd really pretty much hate Survivor, can't stand beaches because I hate sand, couldn't stand having my precious amenities but Survivor has this - so sign me up.

 *courtesy of Wikipedia*
Oh Jeff, I heart you.

4) The Apprentice. *Practices her best "It's an honor, Mr Trump, Sir" voice* (I have deliberately spelled honour the American way as it's an American show, and in my head I'm saying it with an accent). I actually think I would love the challenges on the Apprentice, they are right up my alley. Organising things, ordering people around, developing weird obsessive needs for billboards made of papier mache and tinsel. Would totally have that down pat. Shame about the whole working as a team player though. I'd probably either be the really meek one who in the Boardroom can't do much more than squeak that everyone played nicely, or the one who demanded to be Project Manager every week and stormed out of the show when the team refused to listen to my incredible idea that Macy's would be thrilled to advertise their new stationery line through two people in mouse costumes attaching banners, King Kong style, to the Empire State Building. I hate when people don't understand true vision.

I've realised I could keep going, but all the shows require me to have talents that I do not (interior design, cooking, singing) etc. I think as much as I'd hate it, I'd be much better on one of those reality fly on a wall tv show. Im sure there's a market for watching a public servant get home from work, sit on her couch, pinning or blogging away...surely... :p

Have a great rest of your week!

1 comment: